2012/08/21

Description of the project


Britons perception about China & Chinese perception about UK

1 > Shanghai - Thames Town
2 > London - China Town

evazhang1217@gmail.com

As a Chinese student studying in London, I am very interested in cultural differences and how culture identity can be signified. In my project, I use different elements of cultural perception to describe how humans communicate their own historical and cultural identity to their own community and to outsiders.

I try to raise government and people's attention on ancient Chinese cultures, because many of them has been destroyed or hidden. I use collage; contrasting and comparing cultural scenarios, to make people to think how national characteristics of architecture and lifestyle can be maintained. Culture is indispensable for the development of humans and society.








No comments:

Post a Comment